Morris Blazer 2.0

I recently finished a second Morris blazer! (My first one is blogged here) My summer sewing fell by the wayside as I mentioned in an earlier post, so I planned a sewing-saturday with a friend so we could finish up some things on our list! It was just the motivation I needed to get my sewing mojo back (now I have 4 garments that I need to sew buttons on, i h8 sewing button holes)
I fell in love with the idea of a "boyfriend" Morris from What Katie Sews and needed to try the same thing. I ended up adding 2.5 inches to the bottom of my pattern (I don't know how tall Katie is but she looks shorter than me at 5'8", she added 2 inches). Other than that I graded from a 6 at the shoulders to 8 at the hips.
I ordered the fabric online, I think I would have preferred something a bit thicker but I am pleased with the slightly unstructured look of the blazer. I opted to leave the cuffs unlined so I could have the textured insides showing when my sleeves are rolled up.

I am wearing it with my favourite Watson bra today!

I'm so happy with how it turned out and have already worn it so much. It is definitely going to become a wardrobe staple this fall!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watson Bra Fiesta

Cocoon Coat

Spring-time Blair Shirt