Spring-time Blair Shirt

I took an accidental hiatus from documenting my makes, so long I forgot the password to the account! I haven't stopped sewing though, and have been mostly making work appropriate shirts (read: soooo many Archers)

I ordered a bunch of linen from Miss Matatabi and got the last meter of a beautiful blue Nani Iro linen, which came in on the same day Style Arc announced an Easter sale, so I snatched up a pdf copy of the Blair shirt. I first saw Sophie from Ada Spagg's version of the shirt and loved the outfit she put it with, so decided I'd give it a whirl.


One meter wasn't quiiittee enough to squeak out a full shirt, so I found a really similarly coloured linen to colour block the back upper piece. Worked out all right! I had to do away with the sleeve cuffs with such limited material, they're finished with white bias tape.
I really love the colours of this fabric, so spring appropriate! The linen from Nani Iro is amazing and so nice to work with, and I can't wait to use the other two colourways I got (for more collared shirts...)
This will definitely be a repeat pattern of mine! I may try to play around with the side seams and see if I can make a less boxy version, but I love the slight dolmen sleeve and the high cut side seams


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Watson Bra Fiesta

Cocoon Coat